A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sarah

Sarah
16 x 20 cradled wood panel
This painting is way overworked. I had originally painted her face with a palette knife and she had a vulnerable and almost fearful expression. Like she was afraid to show her vulnerability. I decided that I didn't like the contrast of the palette knife face with the brush stroke hair so I repainted her face with a brush. In the process, she lost that expression. Now her expression is much more sad, reserved, thoughtful. As I thought about this change, I realized how this could represent me so thoroughly. I tend to hide my vulnerability and fear being wounded by exposing it.So I cover it up, hide it with fake self assuredness, but end up sad and reserved. This brings me back to my word for the year - Restore. I'm working to restore my vulnerability and authenticity. Trying to fight through the fear to live life as who I really am... to live life whole.

Linking this up with Sunday Sketches!

10 comments:

  1. How absolutely beautiful, I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome insight Heather.... thank you for being "vulnerable" and sharing a bit of you with us today....

      blessings,
      Cynthia♥

      Delete
    2. Thank you Valerie and Cynthia!

      Delete
  2. Great post. I think we all hide our true selves. The trick is to stay true to our beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading and honest post like this and love your word for the year... a wonderful choice...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the video was nice to watch, to see the process. I think I would have make the same choice, although, we can still see the face that might have been.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your painting and especially what it revealed to you as a person. That's the beauty of art. May you be blessed with strength, courage and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's pretty, and not at all over worked to me! I think she has the vulnerable look you were trying for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE her pink hair! I don't thinks he looks overworked either. :) Her pink hair is amazing, I am just saying! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.