A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Practice in Underpainting

I've been dabbling with paint for almost a year now. I just learned of this thing called underpainting. I learned of it in a Life Book lesson by Jane DesRosier. I love her work so much. So, I had to try this out (even though I didn't do my Life Book lesson yet) I almost like the underpainting better than the end product. I'm still practicing a lot with getting the skin to blend and have depth. It's eluding me at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Love your side by side study! I think your skin tones look great, very painterly!! Those lips on your colored version are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this valuable information, I hope it is okay that I bookmarked your website for further references.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!