A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Friday, July 26, 2013

Stamp Carving

One of the things I really enjoy is stamp carving. I've found it to be relaxing when I'm not feeling well enough to paint. I use them in the layers of my paintings. Sometimes they show through in the finished product, but oftentimes they don't. Here are a few paintings where my stamps do show through:


Here are some of the stamps I've carved over the last year or so.













I'm linking up with Paint Party Friday!


**************************************************

Check out our new class coming December 30, 2013! Join 38 artists over 6 months for a mix of art and craft projects as diverse as the different personal styles of our instructors: cool mixed media techniques, art dolls and other sewing projects, jewelry making, handmade journals, abstract art, portraits, sculpting, digi-art, works on canvas and in journals. Find out more!

13 comments:

  1. Terrific work, Happy PPF, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great carvings. So clean and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a collection You have, wow!! You can have with these amasing artworks. I made some years ago to myself some stamps, but now I've painted. I must try again, this looks very interesting.
    Happy PPF :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE your stamps....just gorgeous...some of the best I've seen...at least the style I'd want to buy!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome stamps - and paintings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your stamps! The intricacy of some of your designs is incredible. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Heather, I love them ALL! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try stamp carving - love your stamps. Those canvases are remarkable - wonderful faces and colors!

      Delete
  8. Great homemades, I'm inspired to dust off my stamp making stuff! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous stamps. I think I should try that carving someday also. Keep inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!