A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Documented Life Project Featured Artist


I am super excited to have been asked to be a part of the Documented Life Project this year! Thanks for joining me! I love the movement with this project. Exploration and discovery... doing what you love and keeping some records of your life along the way. Here is the challenge prompt for this week:

May Theme
Touchy Feely (Texture)
May 16
Art Challenge:  Modeling Paste
Journal Prompt:  "Rise to the Occasion"

I am a texture freak. I LOVE it. Modeling paste is so much fun to play with. Some brands also call it molding paste and there are different types you can get. For working in a journal, you will want to use FLEXIBLE modeling/molding paste so it won't break off your page over time. The occasion for my page is my birthday, I'm turning 42. Supplies and more pics are below!

After you watch the video, come hang out with Mystele and I at Community Thrive, our online art community. We have just set up U Thrive (University Thrive), a totally new learning experience with new instructors, classes and even one on one mentoring! You seriously don't want to miss this!!! There are both free and paid classes available along with art challengesart swapsfree demos,Stash Talk and other features and opportunities to encourage each other and grow together... to Thrive!

Music in this video was generously provided by Kristen Nelson.



Click image to enlarge.







Supplies used: Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste, Liquitex Acrylic Ink, Dr. Ph. Martin's Bombay India Ink, Adirondack Alcohol Ink

Thanks go out to Lorraine Bell and the rest of the DLP team for inviting me! Check out more projects on their blog!



31 comments:

  1. LOVE your spread. It's absolutely gorgeous. Tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful as the texture really stands out and I love that. Having a page that holds all the things you love is a grab tribute to your birthday. Really nice spread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages and colors! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so awesome to watch the process...thanks! A very special gift to give yourself and us. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and inspirational! Thanks so much, and Happy 42nd Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to meet you - this was really fun. Love the way you rough up the edge of the stencils....also watched the May thrive video....LOVE those flowers.....you have a great way of working with alcohol inks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to meet you, too, Sara! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing. Love watching the process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather - thank you so much for joining us at the DLP 2015! Loved your video and how you shared your process with us. Love how freely you used the paste and color. What freedom in your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi! I actually tend to be tight and my goal is to loosen up, no matter what I work on. It's always good to hear a response like yours! It was certainly a fun page to do!

      Delete
  9. Yummy texture Heather! love the colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh thank you Heather I love your take on this and the fact that you videoed it too better than steps lol actually seeing it happen...you made my day....hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, Bev! I love doing videos. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  11. Heather . . . I am BLOWN AWAY! I was out all day yesterday but dying to get home today and see your take on the challenge - this was INCREDIBLE! You created a gorgeous page - so much meaning and inspiration PLUS you taught me so many things about product and technique! there are not enough words to describe how amazing you video is! And Kristen Nelson's music . . . who knew!!!!!! Thank you so much for this stellar journaling lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lorraine! It is such an honor to be a featured artist! I've really been encouraged by it. I had a lot of fun with modeling paste too!

      Delete
  12. Well, that was super fun! I loved seeing your process!!! Thanks so much for joining us as a guest artist for DLP. We truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roben-Marie! You were one of my first teachers along with Mystele! You helped me get started in this whole world of art!

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous work, Heather!! As always, I'm inspired by watching you work!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very awesome Heather! So loved, when you going wild with the texture paste :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!