A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Savor the Journey

4 1/2 x 6 inches, Acrylic and Watercolor Over Collage on Mixed Media Paper
These are a couple of postcard size pieces I did recently. This first one I am entering into the Artist in Blogland's monthly challenge. The theme is Journey this time around. I've recently started helping out over there with the monthly theme and the artist interviews. Be sure to drop by and check out the other entries. There are some fabulously talented artists over there.

I find that I am often worrying and fretting over the future and things that are out of my control. It's so hard to live in the moment and let the rest go. So, one of the things I try to focus on in living in the moment; savoring the journey. I just shared the verse below with a loved one who is having a tough time right now. I think it's just as much for me as it was for him as I'm anxious too!


Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7





4 1/2 x 6 inches, Acrylic and Watercolor Over Collage on Mixed Media Paper
I'm also linking up to Show and Tell Saturday, Sunday Sketches and Paint Party Friday. Hope you all have a blessed Easter weekend!


22 comments:

  1. Looks Great!!! I just love the Pink hair...

    p.s. Love the verse....right on (oops I just showed my age....LOL)

    blessings,
    Cindy♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather ~ they are lovely ~ beautiful ladeies ~ love the journey ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful paintings...love the hair-dos, too! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely inspired work and inspiring post today Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome painting. Love the bright bold colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paintings... my motto is "Change what you can control, don't worry about what you can't" You can't change the weather so don't worry about it...just be prepared... Happy Easter... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...thankyoU for shaing your inner radiant beauty ~ blessed be!...
    ...xXx...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all that gorgeous hair. I am a bit jealous to be honest. Mine is very thin and flat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely paintings ! :-) Have a great Sunday!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with many of the commenters above: that hair is awesome!
    Beautiful work!

    // -T.W-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the faces and the hair is so fab, wish I could have a mane of pink hair like that! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your gals are simply beautiful. I love the shade of red you chose for their hair. It's like...the "right" shade and sets them off in the most amazing way. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! And I love the sentiment! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pieces, especially the second one. I like that you can still see the text a little, through her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful red-heads! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are really lovely and really wonderful sentiment as well...xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. how fun - beautiful bright bold hair! love that -

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely ADORE their lush thick hair, and steadfast expressions! There's great texture in the face as well. Cool! (OMG I just remembered about your email EEK!!!! it's coming...)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous hair, Reminded me of my youngest daughter who died her long light brown hair red one day...brilliant!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  20. great pieces! aside from their fabulous hari, i love how their eyes have different expressions, as if they're saying something. i also wanted to remind you that if you want an extra follower entry for my giveaway, you need to make a separate comment on my giveaway post (http://peggyapl.blogspot.com/2012/04/easter-celebration-giveaway.html)
    thanks!
    hugs,
    peggy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous red haired ladies!!! And the write up is so nice to read :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!