A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lady in Red


Friday marked the 10 year anniversary of the passing of my former mother-in-law, Pat. I still have so much grief, even after all these years. It seems like yesterday that she was here. It probably took me a year before I quit thinking, "oh, I should call Pat and tell her..." I called her to tell her the most mundane things and talked to her nearly every day. She was like a mom to me. She encouraged me constantly and respected me and my choices even when I was just a teenager. Her guidance was always gentle and never forced.She loved me unconditionally and never talked negatively about me. I was too young and immature to understand the deep impact she had on my life. The older I get, the more I understand. I was going to go on and on with memories, but I think it's sufficient to say simply that, I miss her. Can't wait to see you on the other side, Pat.

I painted in her memory this weekend. Her favorite color was red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!