A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Serenity

It feels soooo good to paint from my gut. :D

At first I was going to paint over her. Then, I decided to keep her and re-do her hair. Then, I decided to keep the hair with only minor adjustments too. I love the imperfection of her nose. It was the first part I saw and the most important feature. I built the whole face around the nose. I couldn't keep her lips from having a hint of a smile (and I definitely tried). The background seems to be chaos. The hair... pink with the deep red.... pink is innocence and youth... deep red is strength, wisdom and maturity. She is serenity surrounded by chaos.

16 x 20 inch stretched canvas 
mixed media over collage

1 comment:

  1. i like her little smirk too....awesome job!
    I lOVE the PINKS you use for the hair....♥♥♥

    blessings,
    Cynthia♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!