A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Thursday, September 5, 2013

29 Faces: 1 - 4

Face 1
I'm really enjoying the 29 Faces Challenge. I am getting lots of practice and lots of encouragement... two things I'm really thankful for. Sometimes, when the paintings are coming really quickly like this, I find that I don't have a lot of words to go with them. I find myself in that space now. So I'll leave you with someone else's words that resonate with me:
Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.
~Andre Gide
Linking this up with Paint Party Friday!


Face 2

Face 3

Face 4


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out our new class coming December 30, 2013! Join 39 artists over 6 months for a mix of art and craft projects as diverse as the different personal styles of our instructors: cool mixed media techniques, art dolls and other sewing projects, jewelry making, handmade journals, abstract art, portraits, sculpting, works on canvas and in journals. Find out more!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely faces, beautiful rich colors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful variety! Love the hair..very pretty work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. Love all the different expressions you have captured so effortlessly. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. your portraits are painted on wonderful backgrounds, and I LOVE the magenta hair! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful redheads. And I agree that the backgrounds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the portraits and lovely patterned backgrounds! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful colors. I like the backround very much and strong colors in potret.
    Happy PPF :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful redheads.... all of them. Each has a unique and beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great faces and wonderful backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your work is wonderful!! love your color and style looking forward to seeing more!! i am now happily following your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty faces - lovely backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of them pretty and fun to look at. I love the quote too! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love redheads, dear Heather! I like to see the same red on hair and lips.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your art is so colourful and bright! It's all very happy and that's always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your style and colour pallet, unique and wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!