A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Rustic Clay Beads


So, I've been playing with clay for a while now and I am absolutely obsessed. You can see some of  the finished Artful Adornaments I've been making in my last post. But, I wanted to show you some of the beads I've been making with the Rustic Bead Tutorial from The Blue Bottle Tree. I have a lot more experimenting I want to do, but here are first attempts. I will probably be adding these to more Artful Adornaments, but it's possible I will play with some jewelry too. Ginger's tutorials are FABULOUS! I have also used Getting Up To Speed In Polymer Clay. She writes so well and conveys a great deal of helpful information without being too wordy. If you are interested in polymer clay, I encourage you to check her tutorials and her website out. I have learned so much from her.


These brown and blue beads on the end here are my favorites so far. 



10 comments:

  1. Amazing Heather.. I must check the links instantly Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susi! There's lots of good info there!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! I love the strong colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie! I'm still playing around with colors, looking for that perfect combo.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I have purchased the tutorial too and loved it! The rustic/sunkissed look is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beads are lovely.I have been meaning to work with clay too but didn't know where to start.These links are super helpful.Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pallavi! You should find some good info there!

      Delete
  5. I love your awesome handmade beads...do you sell them? So happy to meet you!!! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bevie! It's nice to meet you too! I have just started making them and love it! So far I'm using them in my own projects, but may begin to sell them at some point.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!