A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Monday, July 7, 2014

Brave on Redeemwood Recycled Palette Canvas

Brave by Heather Santos
on Redeemwood Palette Canvas
I'm excited to share this piece with you. Recently, I was offered a sample wood "canvas" from Redeemwood (Facebook) to try out and give feedback on. These canvases are made from recycled wooden shipping palettes, which I think is a brilliant idea. They are very rustic and each is unique. The piece I received had 3 nails, which just adds to the character.

I love painting on wood, especially wood with character. I love sanding it in spots to let the wood shine through.

I've made a video below to show the wood as well as me painting. I'm very happy with the way this turned out. This was a JOY and want to say thanks to Doug at Redeemwood for letting me try this out! Close-ups below the video.

Music by Jenna Jackley (Facebook), used with permission.



Brave (close-ups) by Heather Santos
on Redeemwood Recycled Palette Canvas

5 comments:

  1. Heather..... You are simply AWESOME!! Thank you for loaning my pallet wood your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Brave" is just incredible. I am learning to draw and paint faces and I love to watch your videos. You do amazing work. I am curious. What is the green pencil that you used in the video? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, HuggyBunny! I LOVE that pencil... It's a General's Kimberly Drawing Pencil, 9XXB. That number on the end tells how soft the graphite is, so you'll want to look for that when you search. The soft graphite is really fun to use.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the information about the pencil. I have never seen one used before. I will definitely be adding that to my list of things to get this week.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!