A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beloved

It's often so easy to beat myself up in my thoughts. I accept defeat without even trying. I decided that every time I caught myself in one of those negative thought patterns, I would write down the opposite and see what I came up with. Well, here's a few from my list.


I'm linking up to Paint Party Friday. Check out the other great artists over there!

Edit:
I thought I should add a little about my process. The background is collaged with a dollar store bible page. I've used Adirondack Colorwash Spray in butterscotch and some red acrylic for texture. The face is mostly done with acrylics along with some Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush Pens. Still experimenting with the hair. I've used red acrylic for the base and then, using a brush, added strands in Adirondack Colorwash Spray Espresso and Butterscotch and some Bombay Indian Ink in red.













20 comments:

  1. I love this one... amazing ... great to see the different emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful ~ lovely ~ well done ~ wonder what medium you are using? ~~thanks, namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) Happy weekend ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting Heather! I love her curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely. I really like hearing all the process and mediums! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I like the interesting textures you're getting in the background and the pretty colors you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful, Heather! And I am such a fan of texture, so I always love hearing about the products and processes my fellow artists are using... Happy PPF! xo Silke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very nice and the texture is great... I really liked seeing which products you used to create it... fantastic idea...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She turned out beautifully! Great to see what you used and hear how you created her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I like how you've decided to keep focusing on the positive thoughts. Well done! Happy PPF! Helen @ Natures Walk

    ReplyDelete
  10. very lovely. love that bombay red! she looks thoughtful and pensive. Happy PPF!

    Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific way to fight negative thoughts! It's perfect. Even if the painting weren't already great, those words would make it so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful... I love the run down of what you used and I think that is a fabulous way to battle negative thinking!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Art is a great way to beat the - feelings and this gal turned out beautiful and full of spirit. Lovely, lovely work!
    XxxAnnabelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how her blue eyes complement that red hair and warm background.
    Brave and inspiring post!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's beautiful Heather! Thanks for telling us the process! I know what ya mean about negative thought patterns, I'll have to try that writing down the opposite, sounds like a good idea! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. This face is so powerful. She is beautiful!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful face and interesting description of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful! and what a good idea to write the opposite of negative thoughts! well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!