A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Friday, March 30, 2012

Life Book Lesson 5

I'm taking a class called Life Book that lasts throughout 2012. I'm behind and have been doing the lessons out of order. This is lesson involved doing an image transfer of my own face and then painting over it.

What a hoot! I always wanted pink hair! I outlined the main features in the photo and then painted as I would any other portrait. It really helps to have a face to sketch over and the end result just fascinates me.

I'm linking this up to Paint Party Friday. Thanks for stopping by.


The original

11 comments:

  1. I'm loving this "self Portrait" of yours. Cute and adorable. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun! My husband says my paint over self portrait for Life Book does not look like me although I think it does. Yours sure does still look like you! Beautiful and I love the pink hair! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great self portrait Heather and love the addition of the flower. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that....I love the P!nk hair...totally rocks.

    blessings,
    Cindy♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great portrait! You got the image down pat, Heather. I'd have recognized you, except for that glorious pink hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that hair!!!!!! Good job on the portrait :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this! love the colors, the energy....wonderful work! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see how your hair plays a big part in your art pieces...this one is fun. HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I love the beautiful hair you have given yourself. Great self-portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a cool technique. Yes, you look good with pink hair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!