A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Just Be

I have been struggling lately to connect with my art after a month long hiatus. For this piece, I just played and focused on enjoying the process with no outcome in mind. Just be-ing.

I've been thinking about friendship lately and I'm so thankful for being so blessed in that department. There were several years of my life where I really didn't have any friends and was quite isolated... well, that's an understatement. I was just flat out lonely until my second child was about 1 or 2... he's 17 now! About the time I really started searching spiritually... started opening my heart to God... started opening my heart, period... that's when it happened. Since then, I have had some incredible women in my life. They've been with me at my worst and they are still coming around. Loving me no matter what. Letting me be who I am. Growing with me. Crying with me. Laughing with me. Waiting on me when I throw my walls back up... when I isolate myself again. I've moved several times, and each place I landed, I found new sisters. Because that's what they truly are... sisters. They will be with me to the very end. My heart longs to be near them... each one at different times. I'm separated from most of them by many miles... but our hearts are never far apart. I love you girls - Missy, Celestina, Melodee, Jerri, Sharon, Bridget, Kathy, Dianna, Louise. And, you know... my daughter is now making the transition from being my little girl to being my friend. She's growing up and our relationship is changing. I'm looking forward to seeing what it becomes. So, I'm sticking her on this list too... Sam. :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I love all those amazing colors in her skin and that crazy hair.. well, you know I can relate ;) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!