A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

More art...

Hi all... a few pieces to share this week.

First, I want to mention that I finally made a Facebook Page just for my art. So, if you are interested, come over and like it. :)

This one is one of my favorites. I had actually done her in my journal and recreated her on an 8 x 10 wood panel. She's much richer and deeper than the first time around. One of the things that I really like (that was unintentional) is that the stenciled flowers that I used in the lower layers are showing through. And it's not the color, but just the texture created from scraping with a palette knife.








This gal is pretty straightforward. She was painted with a palette knife with lots of layers underneath. 8 x 10 wood panel.





I love doing these girls. She is on an 8 x 8 wood panel and has lots of layers and fun bits and bobs.

Linking up with Paint Party Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Totally loving all that gorgeous texture in the first one and all the interesting things happening in the third :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your girls with their fab colourings. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your strawberry hair girls are really lovely. Each has such a great personality. Beautiful work. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous red-haired lovelies. The texture adds extra pizzazz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such bright and fresh colours... it looks very you...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great texture and color!! Well done!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the musical notes I see coming through the background of the top lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the intense color and texture, beautiful! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ladies are fantatic! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your paintings have really developed a very distinctive style. They must be flying out of the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely girls and textures. I "liked" your FB-page ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on creating a Facebook page!
    Love all the luscious texture in these portraits!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your 3 portraits, but my favorite is the profile view too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful portraits! Love the different angles of what I think is the same girl...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!