A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Survivor

This is for my friend Dee. I  had been out of touch with her for a (long) while and found out last week that she has been battling breast cancer for the last several months. I was relieved to hear that she's going to be fine, but it really brought a lot of emotion for me. It's so easy to lose touch with people who are important to us and it really got me to thinking how short life is and how important it is to tell our loved ones how awesome we think they are and that we love them.

I started to give this one pink hair, but I just couldn't get it right... it felt so off. Then I realized she needed red hair for strength, power, tenacity, vitality, fierceness.... she's a SURVIVOR.

2 comments:

  1. better and better, girl. what a precious gift to encourage and reconnect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!