A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mixed Media Play 2



I have a little video to share this week. I didn't start the recording until I started her face this time. She turned out paler than my norm, but I think it works. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'm sharing this for Paint Party Friday. :)










****************************************************

Click here to enter my GIVEAWAY

Check out our new class coming December 30, 2013! Join 38 artists over 6 months for a mix of art and craft projects as diverse as the different personal styles of our instructors: cool mixed media techniques, art dolls and other sewing projects, jewelry making, handmade journals, abstract art, portraits, sculpting, works on canvas and in journals. Find out more!

19 comments:

  1. Your lovely colors work together so well. She has a very serene peaceful look. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous palette. Her expression is simple and elegant. happy PPF -

    ReplyDelete
  3. She seems very serene. The colors are outstanding Heather. Quite stunning. Hope all is well with you Heather. Enjoyed your video. Thanks.
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I loved watching your video demonstrating all the steps - super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that video is something else. It is always so surprising to me that for someone who paints faces/people that they(you) know what colors to put where and have the confidence to know that putting black on the neck will come out being the perfect shade once you are done. I would freak putting a color such as black or purple or brown (as I commonly see) on the face, yet people such as yourself seem so at ease with it!!! I am comfy in my abstract with anything and so wish I could be with portraits - even if they were abstract. I admire what you have done - she is gorgeous - I love the kinked hair and the color of her full lips. The eyes are so prayerful. Just stellar. You have a fan! HPPF and a wonderful weekend to you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is lovely. Her flowing and full hair and the background. Really nice! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is lovely. Thank you for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool technique! I enjoyed seeing the stages of your work. The final effect is lovely! Thank you for sharing and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful mixed media, nice to see her being painted in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. she's beautiful! I love the dramatic color of her lips and hair against her pale skin.Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see you work on her. That hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing work! Thank you for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like her - so much visual texture going on! The hair is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful piece, it really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful painting, soulful face, love the color and texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!