A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Brave Enough to Dream


8 x 8 on cradled wood panel

This piece was a total do-over and I'm thrilled with how she turned out. I had the original laying around for the past year and decided to just repaint the face, right over the top using my current techniques. What I didn't realize at the time was that I painted these exactly one year apart. I really can't believe the difference in the two.


This piece is going to be up for auction for a fundraiser for Genesis Animal Rescue. They will have lots of fun things to bid on, so if you're local you'll want to drop by. It's on Sunday, October 5th at the VFW in Charleston, IL. You can find out more on their Facebook page. Some of you might know that two of our 3 dogs are from Genesis (the third is from the local shelter). I would be remiss to not share a photo of them. Everyone like photos of dogs, right?

Hershey is our oldest and we got him from Genesis when he was about 4 months old. Charlie, the one-eyed cocker spaniel, is 8 now and we got him from Genesis when he was about 3. And Joey was from our local shelter. We got him at around age 1 and he's 6 now. He keeps us on our toes! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!