A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Letting Go

16" x 20"
Cradled Wood Panel
$100



"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go" 
Hermann Hessee


In my years on this planet, I have found that the letting go has always been the most difficult. I like to hang onto things. It makes me comfortable but also complacent. The problem with hanging on to all that stuff is that it leaves no room for growth. Even the most precious things in life must be held loosley, lest you choke them. I have all these metaphors floating around in my head and running together. Suffice it to say that it's been a season of letting go.

16 x 20" mixed media on cradled wood panel

4 comments:

  1. Lovely artwork and words!
    Letting go is a beautiful practice.
    I made a Frida doll out of polymer clay once, and my sister loved it
    so much I gave it to her as a Christmas gift.
    It was a joy to experience her happiness,when she saw it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are so right... it feels so good to give in that way!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!