A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Not Forgotten

16" x 20"
Cradled Wood Panel
$100
SOLD


Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Mother Teresa

Sometimes life is just lonely. Even when you have loved ones around you. Even standing in a crowd. I have never been hungry enough to compare the pain that Mother Teresa spoke of here. Nor have I ever been totally unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody. But I have felt that I was at times. I do know the loneliness. I know the pain of being thrown away, cast aside, not being important to certain people that were important to me. I know lots of you know that loneliness, too. Maybe in the past. Maybe now. I'm here to tell you that you are not alone and you are not forgotten. I wish there was something more that I could do to ease this so that no one ever felt alone. I think feeling alone and forgotten have been the worst feelings I have ever felt in my life. I'm not in that spot today. But I remember. You are not alone.

Luke 12:6-7 “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” (NKJV)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Heather . Needed to hear it today!
    Exceptional art piece
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Heather and a fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!