A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Handmade Journal




Hi all! I wanted to share the journal I made for my daughter for Christmas. I picked out a few of my favorites, but you can check out the rest on my Flikr or view the slideshow below. I must warn you, there are about 50 images!

This was a really enjoyable project. The techniques are mostly from a workshop I took called Mixed Media Mayhem from Roben-Marie Smith. Wonderful class... great for me as a newbie just to get my feet wet. Then after the project I made in the class, my creating morphed into this. I don't think I will make it quite so large if I make another one. This one is about 100 pages and has 5 signatures. It's difficult to see in the photos, but the backgrounds on all the pages are shimmery. I added some of my favorite quotes and scripture. I have tutorials for the flowers on my other blog Kurly-Q.












Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Your journal is beautiful, Heather! All your extra touches make it even more special. Is so ready for some journaling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool - so glad you shared this :-) Especially love your stitchy and fabricy accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is awesome! i love the mix of patterns! thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal and the video are wonderful. What a beautiful collection of patterns and adornments! Which brings me to: when you make a journal like this, how do you close it with all the embellishments and textures? Does it close? Is it bound in a special way? I haven't done a journal because I can't find the answer to the practical side of closing and storing it. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comments are encouraging.
    Faye at hastingshall2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome journal ~ your daughter will love it ~ sooooooo creative ~ namaste,carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy SS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gift for your daughter. Your journal is really nice! I love the soft colors and interesting textures. I'm new to mixed media, too, and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!