A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Monday, October 28, 2013

Soul Food Meet and Greet: Pascale Hutt



We are now offering payment plans in either 2 or 4 payments  You can read the details next to the PayPal buttons on the SOUL FOOD page.


Watch a fun little promo video for SOUL FOOD HERE.


----------------

Today we are welcoming Pascale Hutt (Glycerine)! After you read her interview, be sure and stop by her blog and enter her GIVEAWAY!!!






I’m Pascale Hutt, a French artist, also known as “Glycerine”. I’m 46 years old, have 6 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 hamsters, fish, etc. I’ve created art for as long as I can remember but decided about 7 years ago to make it my work and my life.

Because of my different commitments with my family etc, I usually paint in the afternoons, right through until I either have to, or need to stop! I also often work during the night, when everyone else is sleeping.
Life experiences, Nature, things from my past, and things that come to me in my dreams all feed my creative soul. I always try to listen to my heart, and I especially love to tell stories in my paintings - hoping that someone will see something in the layers. I also love to keep some secrets hidden away in my work. Art is my life and I couldn’t live without it!
I love to share things with other artists because I believe that enriches me; plus it really makes me happy if I am able to help them.
The very first piece I was really proud of was came about by chance. I was painting a beautiful lady with a lot of jewels, and suddenly I just felt the need to put my hands into the paint and cover a big part of her. You will see her with this interview - a big ‘reveal’ for me because I have never shown her before.

That was the first time I really listened to my heart and the painting is still - in my opinion - the best I ever done. Moreover, that experience is what convinced me that mixed media was THE thing I needed!
The painting of the lady is hanging on my living room wall, as well as some other personal pieces; I also have paintings from other artists that I admire like Mitsi B, Lisa Patencio, Gary Reef, and many others.
So that’s me in a nutshell - and you’ll see more of me in my art! I’m really happy and excited to be part of this Soul Food adventure!













-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out our new class coming December 30, 2013! Join 39 artists over 6 months for a mix of art and craft projects as diverse as the different personal styles of our instructors: cool mixed media techniques, art dolls and other sewing projects, jewelry making, handmade journals, abstract art, portraits, sculpting, works on canvas and in journals. Find out more!

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring work Pascale...Nice to meet you '=_

    Mariette xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!