A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Couple More Girls...



Here's a couple of new one's I've created over the last week or so. Just continuing to experiment and practice. I really enjoyed painting on these wood panels. A little different than just using paper.

These are both up in my Etsy store.

5 x 7 original mixed media on cradled wood panel










***************************************************************








I didn't like the original painting I had on this one... it was way overworked. I wished I had stopped sooner. So, I covered her up with some old book pages and started over.

6 x 8 original mixed media on cradled wood panel
I'm linking this up over at Paint Party Friday.


17 comments:

  1. They are both totally gorjuss, wow, one talented lady you are, love it, don't stop!!
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both excellent ~ beautiful ~ namaste, carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love the patterns and layers on the 1st painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour combination - and I'm a big fan of book pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your colors and textures a lot in these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work and luv the colours very much.I too like the very first one with the layers and dream of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these girls. Nice bold color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DREAM girl is my favorite. I love these panels you are using.
    Keep up the wonderful expressive journey you are on with them.
    Happy PPF!
    Sheri Cook
    HAPPY HORSE STUDIO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of these... so many fun textures on that first one.
    Great colours... Happy PPF! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, just found your blog via PPF...LOVE LOVE your girls. LOVE their red hair. Nice job and looking forward to seeing more of your art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats one of my favorite things about art - you can always do it over again. change it later. etc.
    these both turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Heather,
    Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed flicking through your blog. Love your art.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice work! That's the great thing about painting... you can just paint over anything and make it better!
    Thanks for the kind words on my blog... You are awesome!
    Renee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the texture and rich colors. Their expressions look as though they have just asked you a question and are waiting for your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these red headed girls. Great color and depth.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the pics! These painting are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!