A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Life Book Week 1

Gifts
First off, you'll want to hop over to Listening to the Squeak Inside because Kristen is giving away a little original piece of art. All you have to do is comment on her post to enter.

I'm taking a year-long workshop online   called Life Book. It is by Tamara Laporte who is joined by 14 other art teachers. This first lesson was taught by Tam on how to draw a 3/4 face and we were to focus on our positive qualities. She is so good at teaching how to draw a face. I cannot believe I drew this to be honest.

This was my first time using watercolor paper and it was a very different experience. I expected the color to move around like it does on other surfaces I've used, but this paper soaks it in and keeps it somewhat in place. I really liked it and am looking forward to more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!