A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lovin' That Ruffled Skirt...

Original mixed media painting over collage on 6 in. by 12 in. canvas panel. (1/4 inch deep)


I did a couple more girls from Christy Tomlinson's She Art 1 workshop. I did a repeat of the skirt with the dictionary pages as I had prepared too many red pages last week and wanted to use them up. Plus, it's really fun getting your fingers so dirty.

I covered the pages with red Dr. Ph. Martin's Bombay India Inks and tore it into strips when dry. Then I dipped each strip in fluid matte medium and gently crumpled them all over her skirt. The background is pages from a Bible that I found at the dollar store and her body is made of sheet music.



For both of these pieces, I used modeling paste to add the flowers around the edges to give it some texture. These girls have been a fun change of pace for me. These are both up in my  Etsy Shop. Thanks so much for stopping by!


8 x 8 inches Mixed Media on canvas panel (1/4 inch deep)



I'm linking these up to:



21 comments:

  1. Oh these are so precious Heather! I love all that texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a good job Heather and I like the textures. Don't you just love Christy's work. I have her book. Thanks for sharing and inspiring. Terri www.morningdewdrops.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mixed media creation ~ Wow! the texture ~ wonderful ~ namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) and linked w/Sweet Saturdays ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh I love what you do, its just so creative, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. you take new ideas and tools from school and make them into gorgeous pieces. the texture and colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..your work is totally gorgeous..such beautiful pieces..the ruffles are lush and vibrant..gorgeous!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love that texture! so great! This is so inspiring...great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That texture makes these really special, but I do like that you have such a strong style as well... happy SS xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great texture...your girlies are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gourgeous! Love the red skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb work! Fantastic texture!!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. no idea what Dr Ph Bombay Inks colour or modelling paste are, but this is really creative stuff you have made. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great pieces, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your colors and texture! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that skirt is just so lush and lovely and ... and..... I want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever--and I like how the way the musical notes are arranged on the girl's face, it looks like eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dresses/skirts are wonderful. Very nice job, Heather. Love your work. I hope to take a workshop or two over the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. still loving all the texture in your pieces. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply amazing, Heather! Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Heather; I was trying to leave some comments on some blogs for Sweet Saturday. I know I have already sent you one here, but your name caught my eye. You contacted me about the interview. Nice to know who you are and where you are. Thanks Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!