A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Soul Food Meet and Greet: Jennifer Dedonato




We are now offering payment plans in either 2 or 4 payments  You can read the details next to the PayPal buttons on the SOUL FOOD page.


Watch a fun little promo video for SOUL FOOD HERE.


----------------


Today we are welcoming Jennifer DeDonato! After you read her interview, be sure and stop by her website!!!





What is one piece of advice that you’d like to share with other artists?
Don’t compare yourself to other artists. I know…easier said than done. I struggled with this for a short time. I have learned that instead of focusing on others I need to focus on my work. I think seeing other artists get great clients and do big deals drives me to create better work.
Tell us about the first piece you created that you felt really proud of...
I did an art piece for a fundraiser about 10 years ago and I just loved it. It was the first time I really decided to do very tiny detailed paper cutting. It was a guitar and I was really proud of it. It didn’t sell but I was kinda happy to get it back. I hung on to it for quite awhile because my husband really liked it.
What was the nicest compliment you’ve ever received about your work?
I was at an artist market and someone came into my booth and asked me if my artwork was in Hallmark. I wish…maybe someday.
What are some recurring themes/subjects in your work?
I love to incorporate words into my artwork. For this reason I have decided to start my own greeting card line. The words just seem to make the art come to life for me.
What kind of creative patterns, routines or rituals do you have?
My studio is in my house and I do have rituals. I always straighten and clean the downstairs before I head upstairs to my room. I then power everything up… my computer, lights, fan and music. The best part: I light my Anthropologie candle and make my room smell so lovely. I always make sure I have one on hand so my room is pleasant.






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out our new class coming December 30, 2013! Join 39 artists over 6 months for a mix of art and craft projects as diverse as the different personal styles of our instructors: cool mixed media techniques, art dolls and other sewing projects, jewelry making, handmade journals, abstract art, portraits, sculpting, works on canvas and in journals. Find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!