A sparrow's journey through this crazy, beautiful life...

Monday, December 16, 2013

Soul Food Meet and Greet: Stephanie Ackerman



We are now offering payment plans in either 2 or 4 payments  You can read the details next to the PayPal buttons on the SOUL FOOD page.


Watch a fun little promo video for SOUL FOOD HERE.


----------------


Today we are welcoming Stephanie Ackerman! After you read her interview, be sure and stop by her blog!!!





What are some of the things that nourish your soul? How do you decide what to create - where do your ideas come from?
I have been blessed with God given creative skills and abilities and it is my passion, my job and my pleasure to share what I create, inspire, encourage and teach others.  My passion and desire along with my purpose are infused into my classes by teaching skills, sharing stories of everyday life and incorporating faith into our art, whether it be a simple project or a progressive art journey.  
What is one piece of advice that you’d like to share with other artists?   
I make it part of my class to include reminders and encouragement that we are all individual, one of a kind artists that share the same love for creating.
What drives your sense of validation or legitimacy as an artist?
It is my gift/ talent/ ability and it is my job to share it.
What are some recurring themes/subjects in your work?
Hearts and faith based encouragement.
Do you have a signature set of colors? Show us some examples in your work, pretty please!
Red, browns, blues.
What are some elements that make your work “yours”?
Hearts!
Which creative medium would you love to pursue but haven’t yet?
Soldering






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out our new class coming December 30, 2013! Join 39 artists over 6 months for a mix of art and craft projects as diverse as the different personal styles of our instructors: cool mixed media techniques, art dolls and other sewing projects, jewelry making, handmade journals, abstract art, portraits, sculpting, works on canvas and in journals. Find out more!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a message!